Why Conduct an Electrical Safety Assessment?
Safety and Increased Efficiency of the Electrical System.
Electrical systems can last for decades with preventative maintenance. The Whole House Electrical Assessment is our signature preventive maintenance service. The Ben Franklin adage, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” certainly applies within the context of electrical safety and comes to mind here. Wilcox electricians are skilled in identifying signs of corrosion and heat – precursors to more serious problems.
To assess the condition of your home's electrical system, we will perform the following:
- Check the electrical service panel and wiring
- Tighten screws and lugs on circuit breakers to ensure proper functioning
- Apply Noalox on branch circuits’ aluminum wires
- Check for double-tapped breakers to eliminate overloading a circuit breaker
- Ensure that the panel’s main breaker size does not exceed the size of the SEC cable entering the property
- Check all outlets with a tester looking for loose connections, open grounds, neutral wires, and proper polarity
- Test/inspect GFCI outlets and breakers
- Survey for proper surge protection
- Check smoke detectors and make recommendations, if necessary, for full compliance with local electrical codes