Before You Put Your House on the Market
You'll want to make sure it is as appealing to buyers as possible. Wilcox Electric can help you get your home ready for sale.
A poor report from a professional home inspector can adversely impact the sale of your house. We recommend fixing the electrical code violations in your home before taking offers so that there is nothing standing in the way of the sale. Have Wilcox Electric do a whole-house assessment, correct any electrical code violations, and complete any other repairs, before inviting prospective buyers (and their home inspectors) into your house.
Electrical Code Violations
The most common problems that are identified during a whole-house assessment include these common code violations:
• Lack of GFCI protection
• Improper grounding
• Double tapped circuit breakers
• Open or no junction boxes
• No covers for the electrical panels
• Broken or poorly installed smoke and carbon detectors
• Open knockouts
• Open grounds
• Reverse polarity
• Fuses need to be changed to breakers
• Service entrance conductors need repair
• Corrosion in the electrical system
• Knob and tube wiring
• Aluminum wiring
We're here. Contact us today to get your home ready for buyers.